Like most people, you probably associate intravenous (IV) fluids with something you receive at the hospital or urgent care facility. However, IV therapy has increased in popularity, especially outside of those healthcare establishments. People use IVs because it's a quick way for the body to receive nutrients since it's fed directly into the bloodstream for faster results and better absorption. Medical professionals administer IV mixtures, which are often custom made and contain a combination of vitamins and minerals.
Why Should You Use IV Fluid Therapy?
An IV is a vital tool because it can quickly deliver hydration and nutrition to your body. According to our medical providers at the biostation, IV therapy has the highest level of absorption and bioavailability. Putting the nutrients and vitamins directly into the bloodstream guarantees that they're released straight into your body. They bypass your gut, and you avoid absorption issues you might encounter if you take vitamins or other oral supplements. Using IV fluid therapy can provide you with several health benefits, some of which include the following:
- Diminished migraines.
- Enhanced athletic performance.
- Increased energy.
- Reduced jet lag.
- Strengthened immune system.
Also, if you have difficulty taking pills, IV fluid therapy is one way to ensure you receive the vitamins and nutrients needed to keep yourself healthy. Personalizing your IV fluid therapy treatment allows you to highlight certain aspects of your lifestyle that you wish to improve.
How Can You Personalize Your IV Fluid Therapy?
At the biostation, we offer two different types of IV fluid therapy. One type requires that we have your bloodwork on file, while the other doesn't. Those available without bloodwork include:
- bHydrated: This revitalizing treatment gives you a B12 energy boost and additional B vitamins, helping you feel hydrated and recharged. The run time is between 30 and 45 minutes.
- bImmune: A powerful combination of vitamins B, C, and D, as well as lysine and zinc, are in this treatment. The run time is between 60 and 90 minutes.
- bPurified: This powerful immune booster has anti-microbial benefits thanks to silver hydrosol. The run time is between 60 and 90 minutes.
- bRadiant: Use this treatment to revitalize and replenish your skin. You can receive this IV while having a facial treatment. The run time is between 30 and 45 minutes.
- bRepaired: Rebalance your body with this specialized and soothing formula. The run time is also 30 to 45 minutes.
- bReversed ALA: Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) protects your body from cell damage, so this treatment helps your body restore or regenerate levels of vitamins C and E as well as glutathione. The run time is 20 minutes.
- bRevived: Similar to the bHydrated fluid therapy, this treatment gives you a B12 energy boost and complex B vitamins as well as vitamin C. The run time is 45 minutes.
- bTrim: Enhance your workout experience and fat-burning capabilities with this muscle-performance booster. The run time is between 45 and 60 minutes.
- NAD+: Give your body the nutrients and fluids it needs with this hydrating treatment. Make sure you have enough time since the run time is between two and four hours.
If you have the required bloodwork performed by the biostation, you'll have access to several additional treatment options:
- bAthletic: You'll receive a supercharged dose of amino acids as well as vitamins and minerals to improve your workouts, extend your performance, and improve your recovery. The run time is between 60 and 90 minutes.
- bMellow: Take this treatment if you're seeking a tension-taming and adrenal plan that heals the body and mind. The run time is between 60 and 90 minutes.
- bSkinny: This specialized formula supports your slimming efforts by helping you flush away toxins, burn fat, and regulate cholesterol. The run time is between 45 and 60 minutes.
- bWell: Based on the Myers cocktail, this treatment includes a mix of vitamins and minerals. The run time is 45 minutes.
- bYoung: Obtain anti-aging nutrients via this specialized formula, which helps you turn back the clock and turn up your energy. The run time is between 60 and 90 minutes.
- High-Dose Vitamin C: In addition to requiring bloodwork, this treatment option needs medical clearance. The run time is between 60 and 150 minutes.
Are Other Add-On IV Fluid Therapy Plans Available?
In addition to these IV fluid therapy treatments, we offer several potent and energy-enhancing blends that we can administer at the end of your IV infusion. Adding these treatments can maximize the effects of your main IV fluid therapy and supercharge your results. We offer four options:
- bFortified Glutathione Push and bCharged Glutathione Push: No labs are required for these add-ons, both of which give you an extra dose of glutathione plus methylcobalamin to revitalize your health. The run time for both is five minutes.
- bCalm Push and bWell Push: You need bloodwork on file for these add-ons, which include magnesium and glutathione, to heal your body, reduce stress, and promote sound sleep. The run time for both is between 10 and 15 minutes.
What Else Should You Know?
Within the past few years, IV therapy has gained popularity among those who want to improve their overall health. While you might witness mobile IV providers that claim to offer this "trendy" treatment plan, it's important to only use a trusted medical professional. As noted, you might need to submit bloodwork to receive certain IV fluid therapies because we use pharmaceutical-grade IVs for some of our therapies.
At the biostation, our IVs are customizable based on your individual desired benefits and nutrient needs, with most taking between 30 and 60 minutes to complete. We also offer additional boosts of nutrients through our push therapies, and these only take at most 15 minutes to administer. If you're interested in learning more about these IV fluid therapy sessions and how you can customize a treatment plan for you, reach out to our office. Our dedicated team is ready to help you give your body the extra boost it needs today.