Drinking alcohol can take a severe toll on your body, resulting in a hangover. Hangovers can be brutal to recover from, and each person's body reacts in different ways, which means there's no single thing you can do at home to rid yourself of a hangover. While plenty of rumored remedies exist, a new approach is intravenous (IV) therapy to relieve your hangover symptoms and restore your body to its natural balance.
At the biostation, we're proud to offer you this service in South Florida so you can return to feeling like yourself as quickly as possible and kick your hangover to the curb.
How Hangovers Affect Your Body
As much as people don't like it, alcohol is considered by your body to be a toxin and can irritate your various systems, making it work harder to flush it out. Too much alcohol in your body can irritate the stomach lining, cause an inflammatory immune system response, dehydration, and changes to blood sugar. Some of the typical hangover symptoms include the following:
- Thirst or dry mouth.
- Gastrointestinal upset.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Sensitivity to light or sound.
Our IV therapy offers a way to treat these hangover symptoms without waiting for it to pass or trying other treatment methods.
What's IV Therapy?
This therapy uses an IV to deliver nutrients directly into the bloodstream to be absorbed quickly. This is the easiest way to get these nutrients into your system since they can skip the digestive system and be absorbed directly by the organs for a 90% to 100% absorption rate. If you take these nutrients orally, only 20% to 50% will be absorbed. IV therapy offers both preventive and therapeutic nutrients.
At the biostation, we offer IV therapy to help your body do the following:
Both stress-free and simple, IV therapy will take a little bit of time out of your day to complete. You'll get a tailored treatment designed to help cure your hangover, no matter how bad it may be. The benefits of IV therapy will take effect immediately and may last up to a few days, so when you usually would feel hungover, instead, you'll be refreshed and well hydrated.
Benefits of IV Therapy for a Hangover
Most of us know how miserable a hangover can be and wish there were a quick fix. Luckily, IV therapy is a swift solution to relieve your hangover symptoms and get back to living your best life. Some benefits of IV therapy for a hangover include the following:
- Balanced blood sugar.
- Cleansing the body of toxins.
- Promoting relaxation and easing anxiety.
- Increasing your energy levels.
- Headache relief.
IV Therapy Menu
Our friendly and supportive team at the biostation provides a variety of IV therapy options for you to choose from because we know everyone is different. The therapies we offer include the following:
- bHydrated: With a run time of 30-45 minutes, this therapy quenches your body's need for nutrients and fluids with a rehydrating, replenishing treatment.
- bRepaired: Your hangover can be combatted in only 30-45 minutes by replenishing lost hydration and rebalancing your body after a night out with friends.
- bRevived: In 45 minutes, your system can be recharged with a healthy hydration dose with energy-enhancing benefits thanks to B and C vitamins.
- NAD+: If you suffer from a severe hangover, you might benefit from this two- to four-hour hangover-relieving therapy.
What's It Like To Get IV Nutrient Therapy?
Getting IV nutrient therapy for a hangover is a simple process. When you arrive, we'll review your medical history, and if necessary, we'll complete any necessary paperwork and bloodwork. We'll determine the number of nutrients your body needs based on weight, age, and hangover severity.
A registered nurse will then disinfect your skin before locating a vein to start the IV. Once the IV is in place, you can relax until your treatment is finished, sometimes in as little as 30 minutes. You can browse the web, watch TV, or even nap during your IV therapy procedure.
Is IV Therapy Safe?
You can trust the biostation to provide you with IV therapy that's an incredibly safe, highly effective cure for a hangover. Our well-trained professionals execute each procedure consistent with their training and education. Our team has been trained to start an IV and perform IV therapy procedures without the risk of infection or complications. We'll gladly walk you through the entire process and answer any questions.
Tips To Prevent a Hangover
Even though IV therapy is a quick option for preventing hangovers, there are also some tips and tricks you can follow to help avoid one. Check out our recommendations below.
- Drink in moderation: The more you drink, the worse you'll feel the next day.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water with your alcoholic drinks. This can help prevent dehydration and ease hangover symptoms such as headache, fatigue, and thirst.
- Sleep well the night before: Make sure you have time to get in a solid night's sleep after drinking.
- Avoid congeners: Congeners are produced during the fermentation process and are known to worsen hangover symptoms. Drinks high in congeners include tequila, cognac, and whiskey. Drink options with low levels of congeners include rum, vodka, and gin.
- Pace yourself: Drinking slowly can help reduce hangover symptoms the following day.
- Eat a meal: Make sure you eat before you start drinking, as it helps slow the absorption of alcohol in the system.
- Eat a good breakfast the next day: This can help maintain blood sugar levels and give your body vital vitamins and minerals.
Schedule Your IV Therapy Today
If you want to try IV therapy for a hangover, contact the biostation today. We're dedicated to providing you with the highest care possible and helping you feel your best. We offer a personalized approach to wellness through our IV nutrient therapy program to nourish your body, indulge in your well-being, and relax your mind. Our team at the biostation can schedule your appointment, replenish life, and restore beauty. Contact us today at 561-462-4894 to schedule your appointment.