about me: As a Cardiologist for most of my life, my focus was on treating patients who were already sick with end stage disease. I did everything in my power to keep them alive with pharmaceutical and medical interventions, and most of these treatments came with life-debilitating side effects. I always felt it would be more effective to be able to treat patients before they were sick, by showing them how to improve their health and quality of life now, and for the future, with proper nutritional supplementation and minor adjustments to their lifestyle. Now my focus is on disease prevention. We treat the underlying causes of our patients’ problems, and not just the symptoms. I know that this is the future of medicine, and I’m so excited for what this future looks like for our patients.
bio: A practicing Cardiologist for over 40 years and Functional Medicine Expert, Dr. Bloom became frustrated with the lack of holistic and preventative treatment options for patients while working in traditional medicine. As a result, Dr. Bloom, along with his entrepreneur son, Ross Bloom, and hormone therapy expert, Keith Foulis, founded the biostation in April 2013 with the mission of redefining healthcare at every touchpoint, and the goal of reaching patients earlier in the process so they could prevent, rather than just treat, age-related issues. Through individualized diagnostic testing, a patient-centric approach, and personalized treatment plans, Dr. Bloom is able to identify the root causes of any symptoms and help patients restore balance, defy age and prevent age-related diseases. With a strong commitment to continuing education, Dr. Bloom serves as an affiliated assistant professor at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University.
Dr. Bloom has a Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine from the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, is a Forever Health Network Physician, a Life Extension Innovative Doctor, and a member of the Sexual Medicine Society of North America.
areas of specialization
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Functional Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Anti-Aging Medicine
- Nutrient Therapy
- IV Nutrition
- Medical Weight Loss
- Sexual Health
accreditations & certifications
- Fellowship in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (FAARM) from the America Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine (A4M)
- University of Maryland College Park
1962 – 1967
- Autonomous University of Guadalajara
1967 – 1972
- University of Miami School of MedicineInternship & Residency, Internal Medicine1972 – 1976Fellowship, Cardiology1976 – 1978
- The American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
- The American College of Physicians
- The American College of Cardiology
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Dr. Bloom also serves as an affiliated assistant professor at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University