If there is one thing that everyone wants more of, it’s energy. The pursuit of more energy is so popular that many manufacturers have attempted to bottle it—and in fact, energy drinks have become a billion-dollar market. However, the key to more energy isn’t downing ridiculous amounts of caffeine and untold “proprietary blends” found in a can or cup. The key to more natural energy and, in turn, greater productivity, physical activity, and less stress, is achieving balance inside the body. If you are struggling with low energy levels and dealing with side effects, such as weight gain, anxiety, and mood swings, try these five simple tips for harnessing boundless, natural energy.
1. Establish a sleep routine. Your sleep/wake cycle is highly dependent upon routine. Going to bed at the same time each night and waking up around the same time each morning are imperative to quality sleep and high energy levels. Hormones in your body help regulate your signals for sleep and waking up, but they enjoy routine. Establish a bedtime and start winding down one to two hours before you want to go to sleep. Turn off all lights including backlit screens, phones, tablets, and TVs. Plan to wake up at the same time each morning, varying wake up times by no more than an hour, if necessary. This will help your body maintain a rhythm to achieve quality sleep and waking up refreshed and full of energy.
2. Monitor your caffeine intake. There are plenty of health benefits associated with a morning cup of coffee and herbal teas, caffeine included. However, too much caffeine, or caffeine paired with sugar, can disrupt the delicate balance of hormones in your body and lead to a crash in energy rather than a boost. Not to mention, too much caffeine late in the day can impair sleep.
3. Check your diet. High-sugar, high-carbohydrate foods can spike and crash blood sugar levels leaving you sluggish more often than not. Strive to eat a balanced diet, rich in lean proteins, fresh vegetables and fruits, and healthy fats. Keep your blood sugar steady with well-portioned, balanced meals and you will truly know what it means to have high energy.
4. Natural energy supplements. Even a perfect diet needs a little help. A number of factors can impair nutrient absorption, making supplements essential to achieving optimal results. Vitamin B-12 and iron are just two examples of nutrients that are essential to sustaining natural energy. IV nutrient therapy and high-quality natural energy supplements can support your diet, ensure that your nutrient levels never plummet, and keep your energy on full throttle.
5. Talk to your doctor about hormone therapy. For some individuals, hormonal imbalance can contribute to low energy levels. Out-of-range hormone levels can disrupt the sleep cycle, impair nutrient absorption, or induce fatigue. Ask your doctor to test your hormone levels and develop a comprehensive treatment plan to balance your hormones and bring back that youthful energy.
Call the biostation™ today at 888-754-1852 or contact us online to schedule your private, personal consultation.
the biostation™ offers a comprehensive, individualized, scientific approach to age management, delivering total wellness for men and women looking to rejuvenate their bodies, revitalize their minds, and reclaim confidence. Our medical specialists provide a highly personalized experience using the latest advances in science and medicine including hormone replacement therapy, nutraceutical therapy, and nutrient IV therapy. Our medical director, Martin G. Bloom, M.D., customizes treatments to meet your personal needs and wellness goals, guiding you through the entire process to ensure success and satisfaction. To rediscover the health, fitness, and vitality of your youth, discover the biostation.