Men of all ages and backgrounds have a high chance of suffering from erectile dysfunction at least once in their lifetime, and this gets even more likely as we age. Erectile Dysfunction, also known as “ED”, is defined as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual intercourse. While many men have experienced some variables of ED, the topic remains a sensitive one for most men, although it definitely shouldn’t be!
Men Who Suffer from ED
According to a recent study in The Journal of Sexual Medicine:
- 25% of all newly-diagnosed ED patients are young men
- 40% of men by the age of 40 suffer from ED
- 70% of men by the age 70 suffer from ED
- At least 1 in 10 men cannot get an erection
Erectile dysfunction remains most common in men over age 75, but it can strike at any age. ED is part of aging, however patients seeking therapy can mitigate or even reverse symptoms. Sometimes, the disorder can be cured entirely within a matter of weeks. Our experienced medical team is dedicated to helping men find the answers they need to safely and effectively treat erectile dysfunction.
Many underlying medical conditions can contribute to erectile dysfunction. Many of my patients are very healthy and still experience difficulty maintaining or achieving an erection. It’s important to understand that, at its root, erectile dysfunction is a blood flow issue, and often a precurser to a more serious condition down the line. This is why I encourage any man who is suffering from ED, even occasionally, to seek the help of a professional, identify the real cause, and treat it.
What are the Warning Signs?
Signs of Erectile Dysfunction may include:
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection at least once in every four times of attempting sexual intercourse
- Sexual erection becomes weaker or less rigid
- Achieving an erection takes longer than usual or becomes more difficult in certain positions
- Maintaining an erection becomes a conscious effort or becomes more difficult
- Morning erections become less frequent and less rigid
In some cases, the problem of achieving an erection could be related to performance anxiety. Patients have also experienced ED when consuming alcohol or eating a heavy meal before sexual intercourse. When ED persists for weeks or months, there are usually other health related issues involved. Male sexual function depends on a strong circulatory system that can provide an adequate blood supply to the penis. For this reason, the biostation’s medical doctors will assess each patient’s heart health and administer and analyze in-depth bloodwork to determine the root causes of ED. Research indicates that men with low or declining testosterone levels have an increased risk of disease. Our doctors are experts in bioidentical hormone therapy. As part of our sexual health program, you can take advantage of our comprehensive testing which measures almost every hormone in the human body, many of which are interconnected.
Testosterone is the male sex hormone and is essential to overall health. When testosterone levels decline in the body, systemic health problems can develop rapidly. Among these is erectile dysfunction.
What are the Symptoms?
Symptoms of Low Testosterone (and potentially ED) can include:
- Loss of physical strength and stamina, with muscle weakness or loss of muscle definition.
- Difficulties concentrating or remembering things – even things that are important to you.
- Mood disturbances, potentially including unexplained sadness, irritability, or aggression.
- Difficulty sleeping, which may include night sweats or trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
For Optimal Sexual Health, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement is the Key
Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) can resolve sexual difficulties in cases where ED is caused by low testosterone. This is much more effective than lifestyle adjustments like exercise and eating right – while advisable, they can’t re-balance hormonal health on their own.
the biostation provides a comprehensive men’s sexual health program that treats ED and Premature Ejaculation that includes the following:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- 100% safe and effective ED Treatments (even if Viagra, Cialis and Levitra may have failed you)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) regenerative therapy is a 100% natural non-surgical procedure that can activate new healthy tissue growth to improve erectile enhancement, increase blood flow, enhance sensitivity and pleasure, and boost sexual stamina
- ICI Injections to help increase blood flow, oxygen, and muscle cell nutrients instantly, every time
Our individualized and holistic health programs tailor to the needs, lifestyle and goals of each of our patients. Our world class medical team includes two full-time M.D.’s, a Clinical Specialist who is an expert in ED and Sexual Health, and a dedicated Patient Advocate team. All of us are focused on treating our patients’ root causes to get the body operating at peak performance. After just a few months on our program, our patients have reported feeling and performing better than they ever have before!
With a convenient Delray Beach flagship location, and a new Miami practice opening very soon, the biostation is ready to assist you. Contact us today to speak privately with a medical professional about ED and how we can help.