While menopause is a natural biological process for women, its symptoms feel anything but natural for women plagued by uncomfortable night sweats and hot flashes, vaginal dryness, sleep disturbances, weight gain, mood changes, and more.
What is menopause?
Menopause, or “the change,” is the permanent end to a woman’s periods and fertility. Many define it as a year without menstruation, which often occurs in a woman’s 40s or 50s. Menopause most commonly results from a natural decline of a woman’s reproductive hormones, including estrogen and progesterone. It can occur earlier in a woman’s life if she has a hysterectomy, involving the removal of her uterus and ovaries.
Unfortunately, this diminished hormone production leads to increased risks for heart disease, osteoporosis, urinary incontinence, sexual dysfunction and weight gain.
5 weapons to fight menopausal symptoms
1. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT): Hormone replacement therapy is the most effective treatment for relieving troublesome hot flashes. It can also help combat bone loss, and, for some women, has been shown to have heart health benefits. Given in a topical form, estrogen has been found to relieve vaginal dryness.
2. Make simple lifestyle and other changes:
- Get to know what might trigger your hot flashes and avoid those potential triggers, including caffeine, spicy foods, and alcohol.
- Learn how to relax. Practice breathing techniques, meditation, guided imagery, and more.
- Try over-the-counter options to counter vaginal dryness, such as water-based vaginal lubricants or vaginal moisturizers.
- Strengthen your pelvic floor, exercise, and eat healthy. Kegel exercises can help address problems with urinary incontinence, while a healthy diet and exercise promote overall health and well-being.
3. Don’t forget the more natural options – bioidentical hormones: Hormone replacement therapy has been used to relieve menopause symptoms and reverse the signs of aging for more than 60 years, but recent advances have led to the development of bioidentical hormones. Bioidentical hormones are derived from natural sources and have the same chemical structure as hormones produced by your body.
4. Yoga, tai chi, and qi gong – There is research to support the slow movements, focus on breath, and meditative nature of practices such as yoga help to diminish hot flashes.
5. Acupuncture or hypnosis – Studies indicate acupuncture might temporarily help hot flashes. Scientists have also found hypnosis helps relieve hot flashes and night sweats.
Menopause may be a natural part of aging, but menopause symptoms don’t have to destroy your quality of life. the biostation™ team of experts specializes in prescribing custom-designed nutraceutical therapy and bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (HRT) regimens aimed at improving not only quality of life, but also general health factors, including combatting menopause.
Call the biostation today at 888-754-1852 or contact us online to schedule your private, personal consultation.
the biostation offers a comprehensive, individualized, scientific approach to age management, delivering total wellness for men and women looking to rejuvenate their bodies, revitalize their minds, and reclaim confidence. Our medical specialists provide a highly personalized experience using the latest advances in science and medicine including hormone replacement therapy, nutraceutical therapy, and nutrient IV therapy. Our medical director, Martin G. Bloom, M.D., customizes treatments to meet your personal needs and wellness goals, guiding you through the entire process to ensure success and satisfaction. To rediscover the health, fitness, and vitality of your youth, discover the biostation.