What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy, is an effective anti-aging treatment using tiny, short needles that puncture the skin superficially to rebuild collagen and elastin. The needles penetrate tiny holes into the skin to allow for ideal absorption of skincare (or PRP) and produce a tightening effect of the skin.
- Softens stretch marks
- Increases firmness and tightness
- Reduces hyperpigmentation and pore size
- Minimizes broken capillaries and spider veins
- Improves skin texture and appearance of scars
Recovery is fast and patients typically see best results in skin tone after the second or third treatment. Microneedling treatments may be repeated every four to six weeks with continued improvements of the following months.
What is Platelet-Rich Plasma?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments originated in orthopedic medicine and reconstructive surgery to improve recovery naturally. The cosmetic use of PRP helps damaged, aging skin to produce new collagen and elastin for a glowing, rejuvenated, more youthful-looking complexion.
bRegenerative facelift treatment is relatively simple and can be completed in just one session. We collect the platelet-rich plasma by drawing a small amount of your blood, putting it into an FDA cleared device, placing it in a centrifuge and spinning it until the platelets separate from the blood. The PRP solution is then injected into the areas of concern and begins the regeneration of the skin.
Benefits of PRP Facial Rejuvenation:
- Increases collagen production
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Firmer, tighter skin
- Improves moisture retention
- Enhances skin tone and texture
The Benefits of Combining PRP Facial Rejuvenation and Microneedling
At the biostation, we have seen enhanced benefits by adding microneedling to the bRegenerative Platelet-Rich Plasma facial rejuvenation. Our skin care experts believe this is one of the best anti-aging procedures harnessing your body’s natural healing power. This combined treatment results in even skin tone and smoother skin.
While the immediate results after treatment may look red, bloody, and inflamed, glowing skin will appear in the following weeks and last for months. The inflammation causes the correction of areas of concern and triggers cellular rejuvenation.
What is a PRP + Microneedling Treatment Like?
- Your practitioner will apply a topical numbing cream on treatment areas and ideally numbing for 45 minutes to an hour.
- TIP: If you would like to numb in advance of your treatment, our practitioner recommends applying LMX 4% topical anesthetic cream at least 30 minutes prior.
- While numbing, your blood is drawn. This should be quick and painless as we only collect 30 mL vial. Your blood is then placed into a centrifuge for 9 minutes to separate the PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma, gold in color) from the PPP (Platelet Poor Plasma, clear in color) and RBC (Red Blood Cells, red in color).
- The PRP and PRP are the transferred into different syringes to later be injected or applied topically to the skin.
- The PRP will be injected into areas of concern.
- The PPP is brushed on to the skin to serve as a lubricant for microneedling. A typical microneedling procedure would use a hyaluronic acid serum (or other serum) to lubricate the skin. The benefits of the PRP procedure is the ability to use your body’s own cells to stimulate new tissue and healthy skin with you any risks of allergic reaction.
- After the microneedlinng is complete, a hyaluronic acid serum will be applied and rubbed into the skin.
- You should expect to leave this solution on your face for at least the next 4 hours to reap the benefits.
Immediately after treatment, you may look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warmer and tighter than usual. Avoid direct sunlight 24-48 hours after your treatment. It is recommended to use sunscreen with an SPF 25 or greater. For at least 3 days post-treatment, do not use any Alpha Hydroxyl Acids, Retinol, Vitamin A, Vitamin C or anything perceived as active skincare but be sure to protect your skin with SPF 25+.
Contact the biostation today to learn more about this revolutionary anti-aging solution and schedule your personal, confidential consultation with one of our Platelet Rich Plasma therapy experts. A member of our experienced medical team will speak with you about any issues you may be having and your aesthetic goals and customize a natural, effective skincare treatment plan that will work for you.