You’re finally ready to take the leap. You’re ready to consider testosterone replacement therapy. You’ve read the literature in magazine ads and websites. You know you have the symptoms of low testosterone—lost muscle mass, low sex drive, and you’re irritable, moody, and tired all the time—but you simply aren’t sure what will happen when you actually take the leap and begin testosterone replacement therapy.
Welcome to the biostation™! Unlike many functional medicine centers, at the biostation, the focus of any treatment plan is you and your specific needs. You’ll know right from the start what to expect and get a comprehensive analysis of what you need and how that aligns with what you want to achieve. And, starting right now, the biostation can tell you what to expect from testosterone replacement therapy—with all of it backed by science. A 2011 review published by the European Society of Endocrinology found that:
- Testosterone replacement therapy improves your quality of life and you should experience some improvement after 3 to 4 weeks of treatment and reach maximum benefits with continued routine dosage and monitoring.
- The effects on sexual desire are generally observed within 3 weeks and reach a peak at 6 weeks.
- Body composition changes, including reduced fat mass, improved lean body mass, and increased muscular strength are observed between 12 and 16 weeks of therapy, stabilizing at months 6 through 12 and delivering continual improvement over years.
- Notable decreases in inflammation levels within the body will be observed within 3 to 12 weeks.
- Desired changes in erection or ejaculation make take up to 6 months to reach an observable effect.
- Mood changes may occur, particularly improvements to depressive moods, after 3 to 6 weeks, and maximal improvements occurring after 18 to 30 weeks.
- Increase in red blood cells will be reached after 3 months of therapy, peaking between 9 and 12 months’ time.
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) and prostate volume experience a marginal rise, reaching a plateau at 12 months. Further increases in size are observed to be age-related.
- The impact on lipids (cholesterol and triglyceride molecules) can be observed after 4 weeks of therapy and reach peak benefit at 6 to 12 months.
- Improvements in insulin sensitivity are often observed within days of beginning therapy; however, the impact on managing blood glucose levels is evident within 3 to 12 months.
- Bone density improvements are detected at 6 months, but continue to improve for a minimum of 3 years.
Are you ready to get started? What do you have to lose, except those annoying symptoms of fatigue, weight gain, and low libido? Call the biostation™ today at 561-257-2511 or contact us online to schedule your private, personal consultation.
the biostation offers a comprehensive, individualized, scientific approach to age management, delivering total wellness for men and women looking to rejuvenate their bodies, revitalize their minds, and reclaim confidence. Our medical specialists provide a highly personalized experience using the latest advances in science and medicine including hormone replacement therapy, nutraceutical therapy, and nutrient IV therapy. Our medical director, Martin G. Bloom, M.D., customizes treatments to meet your personal needs and wellness goals, guiding you through the entire process to ensure success and satisfaction. To rediscover the health, fitness, and vitality of your youth, discover the biostation.