When Valentine’s Day comes around, love is in the air. While we all devote the holiday to our sweetheart, friends and family, it’s also a perfect occasion to show yourself some love. You do so much for many, but when is the last time that you did something just for you? Taking care of your personal well-being allows you to be the best version of yourself for everyone and everything in your life. So turn V-Day into “Me Day” with these self-care tips you’ll adore.
- Bask in a Warm Bath – While showers will get you clean, baths will get you relaxed. A long soak in a warm bath can soothe achy, tired muscles and ease stressed, weary minds. Sprinkle in some Epsom salts to absorb the calming mineral magnesium and flush toxins from your system.
- Nourish Your Body – Did you know that your diet affects your mood? See, the nutrients, vitamins and minerals in your diet can make a major difference in the way you feel and function. So fill your plate with fresh fruit, veggies, lean protein, wholesome grains and healthy fats. And supplement your meals with essential vitamins and minerals to replenish your overall health.
- Move Outside – Stroll around the neighborhood, go for a long bike ride or jump-start your morning with a run. By getting your body moving, your brain releases “feel-good” serotonin, which can boost your mood and reduce your stress. And a good workout in the great outdoors lets you appreciate the beauty all around you.
- Unplug to Unwind – Give yourself the gift of a digital detox. Disconnecting from the world lets you reconnect with yourself. Turn off your phone and take a break from social media for an hour every day. When you’re not focused on technology, you’re able to focus on yourself.
- Quiet Your Mind – Taking a few moments to meditate can have a huge impact on your health and your overall well-being. Is your mind always racing? Ease into meditation by simply practicing deep breathing. You’ll soon feel the stress of the day melt away. Over time, you’ll see how meditation can help ease anxiety, improve your sleep, enhance your memory, lower your blood pressure and give you a better outlook on life.
- Make Yourself Happy – Have some fun by doing something you enjoy. Read a book, see a movie, dance around the house or make a date with friends for some fun. Just do something that makes you feel good about yourself and your life.
- Treat Yourself to Dark Chocolate – Indulge your craving for rich, dark chocolate. Along with giving yourself a treat, you’ll get the stress-busting, mood-boosting, joy-producing benefits from the endorphins in dark chocolate.
Give yourself the love you deserve for a happier, healthier you. To start making yourself a priority and treating yourself well, call the biostation™ today at 561-257-3497 or contact us online to schedule your private, personal consultation.
South Florida’s leading provider of Functional and Age Management Medicine, the biostation offers comprehensive, individualized, and a holistic approach to total wellness and age management. By focusing on customized medicine, the biostation helps patients earlier in the aging process in order to help prevent, rather than treat age-related issues. Founded and run by Martin G. Bloom, M.D., a Cardiologist and Functional Medicine Expert with 40+ years of experience, the biostation, which has locations in Delray Beach, Miami and now Boca Raton at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, is dedicated to helping patients identify the root causes of any issues in order to restore the body to its peak performance, alleviate symptoms and ultimately, reverse the effects of aging and prevent age-related diseases. the biostation creates personalized treatment plans with proven, effective and safe anti-aging solutions that include highly advanced testing, bioidentical hormone therapy, nutrient therapy, sexual health programs, medical aesthetics, weight loss and much more.