While there is no fountain of youth, your body holds the key to more energy, better sleep, youthful skin and better function overall, regardless of your age. Our body is incredibly connected, and even the slightest imbalance can have consequences on our skin, our energy levels, and even our moods. And, to find your customized fountain of youth, you don’t have to look far, because the secret to anti-aging is in your blood.
What can you learn from a blood panel?
With most blood panels you get an overall picture of your current health. You get to know your cholesterol levels and some other important stats. But at the biostation, we believe your blood can reveal more than that. That’s why our performance blood panel measures over 40 biomarkers to tell every secret your blood holds.
Within your blood test results, you’ll get a full picture of the state of your health, including:
- Advanced cholesterol and cardiovascular health – Most tests look at HDL, LDL, and triglycerides. We look at those, as well as Lp(a) and homocysteine, which measures plaque buildup.
- Liver and kidney health – Diminished function can contribute to chronic disease, weight gain, weight loss, incessant fatigue, and more. We measure five markers of disease for the liver and kidneys.
- Advanced sex hormones – Muscle growth, fat storage, mood, and sexual desire are all closely linked to adequate levels of such hormones as DHEA, free and bound testosterone, estradiol, and sex hormone-binding globulin.
- Metabolic and growth hormones – From cortisol, IGF-1, and insulin levels we can see a full picture of your metabolic function.
- Advanced thyroid and blood sugar – Most tests look at three markers, while we test five including glucose, HbA1c, TSH 3rd generation, free T3, and free t4.
- Advanced inflammation – As we know, many aging signs have to deal with inflammation issues. We look at specific markers that can help us see why your body is experiencing inflammation.
- Blood count and advanced nutrients – Healthy nutrient levels equal healthy looking skin and body, so we look at all the essential nutrients in your body.
- Reproductive panel – Sex and reproductive hormones have a lot to do with aging signs.
- Adrenals – Adrenal glands affect everything from metabolic function to memory, and inflammation. Healthy levels mean a healthy body.
- Blood chemistry – Through this marker, we can check toxin levels in your system.
- Bone – Bone health is an essential part of anti-aging, so we look at over four markers to protect your skeletal health.
- Tumor markers – One specific marker, looking at PSA levels determines prostate cancer risk.
The Connection between Hormones and Anti-Aging
At first glance, we don’t link hormones with anti-aging. However, on second thought, we tend to look at hormone replacement therapy to treat menopause symptoms, which are related to aging. When hormones are used through personalized wellness and anti-aging treatment plans by looking at every aspect of a patients’ life, they can have great anti-aging properties and help people feel and look their best.
One of the common hormones associated with anti-aging is DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) which starts declining in our 20s. DHEA can help improve energy, immunity, and strength, all while decreasing fat.
Progesterone is vital for regulating our sleep cycles. And sleep has plenty of regenerative benefits in our health, skin, and body. Progesterone imbalances are related to aging signs, poor sleep, mood swings, and even foggy thinking.
Human Growth Hormone (HGH)
Produced by the pituitary gland, HGH is what helps support childhood growth and organ maintenance throughout our lives. Optimal HGH levels can lead to reduced body fat, increased libido, increased muscle mass, younger-looking skin, better sleep, and more. HGH is truly known as the ultimate anti-aging hormone.
While men see the effects of testosterone more prominently than women, it affects both sexes. Healthy testosterone levels have been known for its benefits in boosting libido, increasing memory, and higher energy levels.
Healthy estrogen levels can make a big difference for women suffering menopause symptoms. From helping with vaginal dryness and hot flashes to aiding in concentration and sleep, optimal estrogen levels can have plenty of anti-aging benefits.
5 Tips to Keep Anti-Aging Hormones Balanced
While aging signs can start appearing due to many causes, keeping anti-aging hormones balanced can keep those symptoms at bay. Hormones in our bodies are connected to every aspect of our total wellness, keeping them balanced is the ultimate anti-aging secret.
1. Have Your Levels Tested
We can’t tell if our hormones are balanced without proper testing. Before you even begin hormone therapy, you have to get a clear picture of the current levels within your body. A comprehensive blood panel can give you a clear understanding of your hormone levels.
2. Watch Your Diet
A healthy diet is key for providing your body with the right building blocks it needs for hormone creation. Ideally, you want to aim to get 8 to 10 servings of vegetables and plenty of clean and healthy food throughout the day.
3. Control Your Stress
Stress is common in our lives. However, stress can mess with sleep patterns, weight, immune system, and more. Do your best to control your stress. Sign up for a yoga class, receive massage therapy, get plenty of exercises, learn to meditate, or anything that helps you stay calm.
4. Exercise – Regularly
You don’t have to exercise every day, but clocking in a few hours of exercise at least three days a week can help boost your hormone levels naturally. Exercise is said to increase human growth hormone and testosterone levels, which are two important anti-aging hormones.
5. Balance Your Hormones
In the end, if you have checked your levels and your blood test revealed you have a hormonal imbalance, you’ll want to find the best way to restore them. This should not be one-size fits all treatment. A doctor that specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy should look at your lifestyle, diet, blood panel results, and from there draft a personalized treatment plan that helps you restore your optimal hormone levels.
Call the biostation™ today at (561) 257-3596 or contact us online to schedule your private, personal consultation.
South Florida’s leading provider of Functional and Age Management Medicine, the biostation offers comprehensive, individualized, and a holistic approach to total wellness and age management. By focusing on customized medicine, the biostation helps patients earlier in the aging process in order to help prevent, rather than treat age-related issues. Founded and run by Martin G. Bloom, M.D., a Cardiologist and Functional Medicine Expert with 40+ years of experience, the biostation, which has locations in Delray Beach, Miami and now Boca Raton at the Boca Raton Resort and Club, is dedicated to helping patients identify the root causes of any issues in order to restore the body to its peak performance, alleviate symptoms and ultimately, reverse the effects of aging and prevent age-related diseases. the biostation creates personalized treatment plans with proven, effective and safe anti-aging solutions that include highly advanced testing, bioidentical hormone therapy, nutrient therapy, sexual health programs, medical aesthetics, weight loss and much more.